Clackamas County residents, property owners and business people are invited to apply to fill one of six open positions on the county’s Community Road Fund Advisory Committee (CRFAC). The 15-member committee is based in the Department of Transportation and Development, and serves in an advisory capacity to the department and to the Board of County Commissioners.
The CRFAC was established in 2019 to prioritize congestion relief projects needed in unincorporated Clackamas County to be funded through the Community Road Fund — the revenue from the countywide vehicle registration fee that became effective in January 2020.
The county is looking for applicants from throughout unincorporated Clackamas County, including both rural and urban areas, to apply to fill the following six positions on the CRFAC:
• Five positions to serve through June 30, 2023
• 3 positions with incumbents
• 2 positions are no incumbent
• One position to serve through June 30, 2022 (no incumbent)
In its first year the Committee met seven times to develop and apply criteria to high priority congestion-relief projects to recommend to the Board of County Commissioners which ones should be funded first through the new vehicle registration fee revenue. The Committee also reviewed and advised the Board on funding priorities for safety improvements and local maintenance projects, also funded through the new Community Road Fund.
Moving forward, the Committee will meet two to three times a year, as determined by committee members, to:
• Review the criteria used to identify priority projects and the status of projects approved for construction
• Update project lists over time as projects are completed and as there are changes in project schedules
• Report the status of the Community Road Fund and projects funded by the Community Road Fund to the Board of County Commissioners
People may apply online at http://bitly.com/ClackCoABCs or with a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751. The final deadline for applications is November 15, 2020.
For more information, contact Ellen Rogalin at email@example.com.